We are a small 2man-company specialized in personal guided battlefield tours of the Ypres Salient and the Somme and that since 1987. We (Annette and husband Christian) lived all our life on or close to the battlefields of Ypres.
We organize and guide for individuals and small parties from 2 to 12 people. We provide tours for visitors from the Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and American of America.
We offer the most personal and time-efficient way to visit the Ypres and Somme Battlefields from the Great War.
Forget struggling with maps, guide books. No worries about driving on the "wrong" side of the road, signs, parking places or traffic. Simply sit back, relax and we will drive and guide you where you want to be.
Our guided tour will take you to the most relevant trenches and significant battlefield sites from World War One such as Hill 60, Hill 62, Tyne Cot cemetery, Polygon Wood, Messines Ridge and more in the Ypres Salient. In the Somme we go to Thiepval, Pozieres, Mouquet farm, Villers Bretonneux.
But we take you also to places of your own choice: a small cemetery where a relative is buried or a less known battlefield where he fought was wounded or received an award.
As a special service we can try to trace the movements of an individual soldier during the first world war. If you are interested in that service, please give us notice a few weeks prior to your arrival. We will also need some information about regiment, battalion, division etc...so we can do the necessary research.
Because we live in the area and are grew up on the ancient battlefields, we have contact with a lot local people and we are able to take you to some hidden places in the landscape or on private properties.
We want to give you information about the most humanitarian aspects of the war.
- Find out how almost 100 years after the begining of the Great War all the victims from First World War are remembered?
- What happened with the local population during and after the war?
- What was the result of devastation?
- What happen with the unexploded ammunition?
Why take our services for your Battlefield Tour!
- A local and experienced guide of the Ypres and Somme Battlefields
- A tour adapted on your own expectations
- A personal service
- Off track visits in private properties
- A private vehicle driving you around in comfort
- Our tours come alive with DVD documentaries and Music on board
- A guide book is available for the tour participants
- We use trench maps to give a comprehensive overview of WW1
- All information about our local history
- We can offer you a 4 day package including Ypres and the Somme with accommodation in any hotel in Ypres. We can also tailor your tour on request